|250mg 30pills||$16.99||$0.57 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 60pills||$27.99||$0.47 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 90pills||$38.99||$0.43 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 120pills||$46.99||$0.39 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 180pills||$62.99||$0.35 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 360pills||$113.99||$0.32 per pill||Buy Now|
What is it?
Sumycin is a bacteriostatic antibiotic from the tetracycline group. It disrupts the formation of a complex between transport RNA and the ribosome, which results in disruption of protein synthesis.
In order to prevent the development of resistance and maintain the effectiveness of the drug should be used only for the treatment of infections caused by proven (or suspected) tetracycline-sensitive microorganisms. If there is information about the identified pathogen and its sensitivity to antibiotics, the doctor is guided by it to select the optimal antibiotic. In the absence of such, the empirical choice of the antibacterial drug is based on local epidemiological and sensitivity data.
Sumycin is indicated for the treatment of infections caused by susceptible strains of the respective microorganisms under the conditions listed below:
- upper respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae. Note: tetracycline should not be used for streptococcal resistance; lower respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae (Eaton agent and Klebsiella spp.);
- infections of the skin and soft tissues caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureus (tetracyclines are not the drugs of choice in the treatment of any type of staphylococcal infection);
- rickettsia infections, including Rocky Mountain spotted fever, typhoid infections group, Qu fever, rickettsiosis;
- psittacosis or ornithosis caused by Chlamydia Psittaci;
- infections caused by Chlamydia trachomatis, such as uncomplicated urethral infections, cervical or rectal canal infections, conjunctivitis, trachoma, lymphogranuloma venereum;
- inguinal granuloma caused by Calymmatobacterium granulomatis;
- relapsing fever caused by Borrelia sp.;
- Bartonella, caused by Bartonella bacilliformis;
- chancroid caused by Haemophilus ducreyi;
- Francisella tularensis tularemia;
- plague caused by Yersinia pestis;
- cholera caused by Vibrio cholerae;
- Brucella caused by Brucella species;
- Campylobacter fetus infections;
- as an additional therapy for intestinal amoebiasis caused by Entamoeba histolytica;
- urinary tract infections caused by susceptible strains of Escherichia coli, Klebsiella, etc.;
- other infections caused by susceptible strains of gram-negative microorganisms, such as E. coli, Enterobacter aerogenes, Shigella sp., Acinetobacter sp., Klebsiella sp. and Bacteroides sp.;
- severe acne, as adjuvant therapy.
When penicillin is contraindicated, tetracyclines (Sumycin) are alternative drugs for the treatment of the following infections:
- syphilis and frambesia caused by Treponema pallidum and pertenue, respectively;
- acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis caused by Fusobacterium Fusiforme;
- infections caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae;
- anthrax caused by Bacillus anthracis;
- infections caused by Listeria monocytogenes;
- actinomycosis caused by Listeria monocytogenes;
- infections caused by Clostridium species.
Dosage and mode of application
This antibiotic is prescribed for an oral administration. Dosage regimen is:
- adults – 250-500 mg every 6 hours;
- children over 8 years old – 25-50 mg/kg every 6 hours.
The maximum daily intake for adults, when administered orally, is 4 g.
- Hypersensitivity to tetracycline and other components of the drug;
- Renal failure;
- Lactation period;
- Children under 8 years old (in children under 8 years old, tetracycline can cause long-term discoloration of the teeth, hypoplasia of the enamel, slowing down of the skeletal bones),;
- Systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Concurrent use with vitamin A.
Carefully: the drug should be carefully prescribed to patients with an indication of allergic reactions in the anamnesis.
- Infections and invasions: as with all antibiotics, excessively rapid growth of insensitive microorganisms can cause the development of candidiasis, pseudomembranous colitis, glossitis, stomatitis, vaginitis, staphylococcal enterocolitis, irritation in the anogenital area.
- Blood and lymphatic system: hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia, eosinophilia.
- Immune System: hypersensitivity reaction including rash, exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, urticaria, angioedema, toxic epidermal necrolysis, anaphylaxis, anaphylactoid purpura, pericarditis, exacerbation of systemic lupus erythematosus, drug eruption.
- Endocrine system: long-term use of tetracyclines may cause discoloration of the thyroid gland. It is not known whether a dysfunction of the thyroid gland occurs.
- Nervous system: headache, dizziness.
- Organ of vision: unknown: blurred vision, loss of vision.
- Organ of hearing: impaired hearing.
- Cardiovascular system: protrusion of fontanelles in newborns, benign intracranial hypertension in adolescents and adults. Treatment should be discontinued if increased intracranial pressure develops, for example, in case of severe and persistent headache, dizziness, tinnitus, visual impairment, including blurred vision and diplopia.
- Digestive system: dysphagia. Cases of esophagitis and ulcers of the esophagus have been reported in patients taking the oral form of tetracyclines just before bedtime or with an insufficient amount of fluid, irritation of the gastrointestinal tract, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, discomfort, pancreatitis, anorexia, discoloration and hypoplasia of the tooth enamel in children and adults. In case of irritation of the stomach, tablets should be taken with food.
- Hepatic function: a short-term increase in the test values of the liver function, hepatitis, jaundice, liver failure, hepatotoxicity.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue: serious skin reactions, erythematous and maculopapular rash, photosensitivity, pruritus, bullous dermatosis, skin discoloration.
- Musculoskeletal system: increased muscular weakness in patients with myasthenia.
- Urinary system: acute renal failure, nephritis, an increase in urea nitrogen in the blood, renal dysfunction, especially in patients with already existing renal failure.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Sumycin is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation. It penetrates the placental barrier. This generic antibiotic may cause long-term discoloration of the teeth, enamel hypoplasia, suppression of the growth of the bones of the fetal skeleton. In addition, tetracycline may be the cause of the development of fatty liver.
Preparations containing metal ions (antacids, preparations containing iron, magnesium, calcium) form inactive chelates with tetracycline, and therefore their simultaneous use should be avoided.
It is necessary to avoid combination with penicillins, cephalosporins, which have a bactericidal effect and which are antagonists of bacteriostatic antibiotics (including tetracycline).
With the simultaneous use of tetracycline with retinol intracranial hypertension may develop.
At simultaneous use with colestyramine or colestipol violation of absorption of tetracycline is noted.
- With a long-lasting use, it is necessary to periodically monitor the function of the kidneys, liver, blood-forming organs.
- The use of Sumycin in children during teeth development can lead to an irreversible change in their color.
- During the treatment period, vitamins of group B, K, brewer’s yeast should be used to prevent hypovitaminosis.
- Tetracycline should not be taken simultaneously with milk and other dairy products since the absorption of an antibiotic is broken.
How to buy Sumycin?
Nowadays, every person is eligible to buy Sumycin online. Online pharmacies offer different antibiotics online. We offer our customers antibiotics of high quality but low-price. All the certificates are given.
The medications are generics. They are produced in accordance with quality requirements. Sumycin is a drug which sale is conducted with a prescription only. But we take all the efforts for making ordering online much more convenient. As a result, we do not require to fax us any prescriptions. But we strictly recommend visiting a physician.