|250mg 90pills||$32.99||$0.37 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 120pills||$34.99||$0.29 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 180pills||$47.99||$0.27 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 270pills||$63.99||$0.24 per pill||Buy Now|
|500mg 10pills||$14.99||$1.50 per pill||Buy Now|
|500mg 20pills||$23.99||$1.20 per pill||Buy Now|
|500mg 30pills||$31.99||$1.07 per pill||Buy Now|
|500mg 60pills||$57.99||$0.97 per pill||Buy Now|
|500mg 90pills||$78.99||$0.88 per pill||Buy Now|
|500mg 120pills||$93.99||$0.78 per pill||Buy Now|
|500mg 180pills||$127.99||$0.71 per pill||Buy Now|
|500mg 270pills||$171.99||$0.64 per pill||Buy Now|
What is Ampicillin?
Ampicillin is an antibiotic penicillin with a wide range of activity. The drug is able to stop the growth and reproduction of pathogenic bacteria. This medicine is produced in the form of tablets of 250 mg and 500 mg. The active ingredient inhibits peptidoglycan polymerase and transpeptidase, prevents the formation of peptide bonds and disrupts the late stages of the synthesis of the cell wall of a dividing microorganism, which leads to a decrease in the osmotic stability of the bacterial cell and causes its lysis.
It is active against gram-positive (alpha and beta-hemolytic streptococci, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus spp., Bacillus anthracis, Clostridium spp., most of the enterococci, including Enterococcus faecalis, and gram-negative (Haemophilus influenzae, Neisseria meningitidis, Proteus mirabilis, Pasteurella multocida, many species of Salmonella spp., Shigella spp., Escherichia coli) microorganisms, aerobic nonsporogenous bacteria (Listeria spp.).
It is not effective against penicillin-producing strains of Staphylococcus spp., all strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, most strains of Klebsiella spp. and Enterobacter spp.
Ampicillin is used to treat or prevent many different types of infections:
- respiratory tract infections (including bronchitis, pneumonia, lung abscess);
- infections of the upper respiratory tract (including tonsillitis);
- infection of the biliary tract (including cholecystitis, cholangitis);
- infections of the urinary tract (including pyelitis, pyelonephritis, cystitis);
- gastrointestinal infections (including salmonello carrier);
- gynecological infections;
- infection of skin and soft tissues;
- sepsis, septic endocarditis;
- scarlet fever;
Dosage and mode of application
The dose of the drug and the duration of its use are determined by the treating doctor individually for each patient (depending on the location of the infection, the severity of the disease).
Tablets are taken orally half an hour before a meal or two hours after a meal. The duration of treatment range from 5 days to 3 weeks or longer. After the signs of the disease disappear, the antibiotic should be taken for another two to three days.
The standard single dose for children over 14 years of age and for adults is 250-1000 mg every six hours. The dosage regimen is set by the doctor.
Urinary tract infections: 500 mg every eight hours.
Infections of the upper respiratory tract and respiratory tract: 250 mg every six hours.
Newborns usually receive a daily dose of 20–40 mg/kg, children of the other age groups – 50–100 mg/kg. The daily dose should be administered in four to six doses with a break of four to six hours.
Do not use this medicine if you have any of the following diseases/conditions:
- hypersensitivity (including to other penicillins, cephalosporins, carbapenems);
- infectious mononucleosis;
- lymphocytic leukemia;
- liver failure;
- diseases of the intestinal tract in history (especially colitis associated with the use of antibiotics);
- lactation period;
- infants younger than 30 days of age.
With caution: bronchial asthma, hay fever and other allergic diseases, renal failure, history of bleeding, pregnancy.
- Allergic reactions: pruritus and peeling of the skin, urticaria, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, angioedema reactions, similar to serum sickness, anaphylactic shock, non-allergic ampicillin rash;
- Digestive system: dysbacteriosis, stomatitis, gastritis, dry mouth, change in taste, abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, stomatitis, glossitis, a moderate increase in liver transaminase activity, pseudomembranous enterocolitis;
- Central nervous system: headache, tremor, convulsions (with a high-dose therapy);
- Laboratory indicators: leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, anemia;
- Others: interstitial nephritis, nephropathy, superinfection (especially in patients with chronic diseases or reduced body resistance), vaginal candidiasis.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
It is possible to use the drug during pregnancy if the benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
The active substance is excreted in breast milk in low concentrations. If a patient needs to use necessary this antibiotic during lactation, breastfeeding should be terminated.
Medications that interact with Ampicillin include:
- bactericidal antibiotics (including aminoglycosides, cephalosporins, cycloserine, vancomycin, rifampicin);
- bacteriostatic antibiotics (including macrolides, chloramphenicol, lincosamides, tetracyclines, sulfonamides);
- indirect anticoagulants;
- ascorbic acid;
- oral contraceptives.
An overdose of the drug can cause headache, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash. If overdose symptoms occur, you should immediately cancel this medication and get symptomatic treatment.
The antibiotic is used with caution in bronchial asthma, liver failure, hay fever and other allergic diseases.
During treatment, systematic monitoring of the function of the kidneys, liver, and peripheral blood picture is necessary.
Patients with impaired renal function require a correction dosing regimen.
Use of high doses in patients with renal insufficiency can have a toxic effect on the CNS.
When the drug is used for the treatment of sepsis, a bacteriolysis reaction can occur (the Jarish-Herxheimer reaction).
If allergic reactions occur during treatment, the drug should be discontinued and desensitization therapy should be prescribed.
For the prevention of candidiasis, a patient should take nystatin or levorin, as well as vitamins B and C.
How to buy Ampicillin?
Nowaways, you can easily buy antibiotics at an online pharmacy. In this case, you get the opportunity to compare a variety of price offers. You do not need to travel around the city to find out the prices and availability of drugs. Without leaving your home, you can choose the drug, the release form, dosage, manufacturer, and buy it online! Prices offered by online pharmacies are much lower than those in city stores.
Our online service will help you find the right medicine at a competitive price. Just a few clicks and you get what you want. Before you buy Ampicillin online, you can make a balanced choice. The courier will deliver the order to your home.
Keep in mind that it’s possible to buy antibiotics without a prescription on the net but before you buy medicines, you must consult a qualified specialist. This is exactly what you should do first if you do not want to harm your health. Perhaps you know which medicine helped you before, but are you sure that you know dangerous interactions? Sometimes it seems that it is quite possible to buy medication without consulting a doctor, make a diagnosis on your own and decide which medicines to take. But remember, only a doctor can choose an antibiotic that is safe for you, prescribe the correct dosage and duration of treatment.
Are you sure that you need to use this particular drug? Visit our Internet pharmacy! This online service is the best choice for the purchase of a wide range of medicines.