|250mg 32pills||$102.99||$3.22 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 28pills||$107.99||$3.86 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 60pills||$175.99||$2.93 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 92pills||$218.99||$2.38 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 84pills||$221.99||$2.64 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 120pills||$256.99||$2.14 per pill||Buy Now|
|250mg 180pills||$346.99||$1.93 per pill||Buy Now|
What is Biaxin?
Biaxin is a semisynthetic macrolide antibiotic. It inhibits protein synthesis in the microbial cell, interacting with the 50S ribosomal subunit of bacteria. The drug has a bacteriostatic and bactericidal action. The medicine is produced in tablets of 250 mg and 500 mg. The main active ingredient is clarithromycin.
It’s active against gram-positive bacteria: Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Corynebacterium spp.; gram-negative bacteria: Helicobacter pylori, Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus ducreyi, Moraxella catarrhalis, Bordetella pertussis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitidis, Borrelia burgdorferi; anaerobic bacteria: Eubacterium spp., Peptococcus spp., Propionibacterium spp., Clostridium perfringens, Bacteroides melaninogenicus; intracellular microorganisms: Legionella pneumophila, Chlamydia trachomatis, Chlamydophila pneumoniae, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
The drug is also active against Toxoplasma gondii, Mycobacterium spp. (except of Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
Biaxin is used in the treatment of diseases caused by clarithromycin-sensitive microflora, such as:
- sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis and other ENT diseases;
- streptoderma, foliculitis, staphyloderma, erysipelas, and other diseases of the skin and soft tissues;
- bronchitis, hospital and community hospital and other diseases of the lower respiratory tract;
- dental infectious diseases;
- common and local mycobacterial infections, the causative agents of which are Mycobacterium intracellulare or Mycobacterium avium;
- local infections that are caused by Mycobacterium fortuitum, Mycobacterium kensasii, Mycobacterium chelonae;
- eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection together with drugs that suppress the production of gastric secretions.
In addition, this antibiotic is used in the treatment of HIV-infected people who have diseases caused by Mycobacterium avium.
Dosage and mode of application
The drug is taken orally for 7-10 days. Since the effectiveness of the antibiotic is high, the improvement of the state is observed already 2-3 days after its use. Even if you notice relief, the administration of tablets should be continued for as many days as the doctor prescribed.
The drug should be taken in accordance with the type of disease and depending on the characteristics of its course.
The usual therapeutic dose for adults and children over 12 years of age is 250 to 500 mg twice a day. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 1 g.
The course of infectious therapy can last from 6 to 14 days.
Tablets of prolonged action with a content of 500 mg of the active ingredient are designed for a single daily intake.
If the antibiotic is used to treat severe diseases and infections caused by Mycobacterium avium, it is permissible to take 0.5-1 g of an antimicrobial agent twice a day. In this case, the duration of treatment may increase to 6 months.
Patients with chronic renal failure are prescribed 250 mg once a day. The duration of therapy can reach two weeks.
Patients with mycobacterial infections should take 500 mg twice a day. The same scheme should be followed for the prevention of such diseases.
Patients with odontogenic infections are prescribed 250 mg twice a day. The treatment usually lasts 5 days.
The drug is absorbed regardless of food intake and fluids. A patient may take a pill before, during, or after breakfast, lunch, or dinner. To achieve a sustainable result, it is not recommended to violate the treatment regimen proposed by your doctor. If you miss a pill, you should take the next one as soon as possible, but never take a double dose since it can provoke intoxication.
Do not use Biaxin if you have any of the following conditions/diseases:
- hypersensitivity to clarithromycin and other components of the drug, as well as increased sensitivity to other antibiotics of the macrolide group;
- concomitant use of astemizol, cisapride, pimozide, terfenadine, ergotamine, dihydroergotamine, oral midazolam;
- concomitant use of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (statins), which are largely metabolized by the CYP3A4 isoenzyme (lovastatin, simvastatin), due to the increased risk of myopathy, including rhabdomyolysis;
- concomitant use of colchicine;
- renal failure (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml/min);
- concomitant use of ticagrelor or ranolazine;
- prolongation of the QT interval in history, ventricular arrhythmia, or ventricular tachycardia of the “pirouette” type (“torsade de pointes”);
- severe liver failure, occurring simultaneously with renal insufficiency;
- cholestatic jaundice/hepatitis caused by the use of clarithromycin (in history);
- hypokalemia (risk of prolongation of the QT interval);
- lactation period (breastfeeding);
- children younger than12 years (efficiency and safety are not established).
- Nervous system: headache, dizziness, anxiety, fear, insomnia, “nightmarish” dreams, disorientation, hallucinations, psychosis, depersonalization, confusion;
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, gastralgia, diarrhea, stomatitis, glossitis, increased activity of “liver” transaminases, cholestatic jaundice, pseudomembranous enterocolitis;
- Senses: tinnitus, change in taste (dysgeusia), hearing loss, passing after discontinuation of the drug;
- Blood-forming organs and the hemostatic system: thrombocytopenia (unusual bleeding, hemorrhage);
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, pruritus, malignant exudative erythema (Stevens-Johnson syndrome), anaphylactoid reactions;
- Other: development of microbial resistance.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Use of Biaxin is possible during pregnancy only in the absence of an alternative, appropriate therapy, when the expected effect of treatment outweighs the potential risk to the fetus (there are no adequate and well-controlled studies of the safety of use in pregnant women). If pregnancy occurred during the period of treatment with clarithromycin, the patient should be warned about the possible risk to the fetus.
Breastfeeding should be stopped during treatment (clarithromycin and its active metabolite penetrate into breast milk, the safety of breastfeeding has not been established).
Medications that can interact with Biaxin include:
- indirect anticoagulants,
- ergot alkaloids.
The drug is used with caution in pregnancy, liver failure (moderate and severe), ischemic heart disease, severe heart failure, severe bradycardia (less than 50 beats/min).
Acute overdose of clarithromycin can cause headaches, disruption of the digestive system, dizziness and confusion. Treatment: washing the stomach, symptomatic treatment.
The antibiotic is used with caution in patients taking drugs metabolized in the liver (it is recommended to measure their concentration in the blood).
Clarithromycin may develop cross-resistance with other macrolide antibiotics, lincomycin and clindamycin. Prolonged or repeated use of the drug may cause superinfection (growth of insensitive bacteria and fungi).
In the case of severe, prolonged diarrhea, which may indicate the development of pseudomembranous colitis, it is necessary to stop taking the tablets and consult a doctor.
Care should be taken when driving and performing other potentially hazardous activities, as some side effects of the medicine (dizziness, drowsiness) can adversely affect the ability to drive and perform potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor speed reactions.
How to buy Biaxin?
You can easily find this medication at any pharmacy but if you want to save money on medicine, you can purchase it at online pharmacies, which offer lower prices. Before buying antibiotics without a prescription, we recommend that you get a detailed doctor consultation. Antibiotics work only when treatment occurs in accordance with the scheme developed by scientists, which involves maintaining the concentration of the drug in the blood for a certain period of time. If the patient takes antibiotics irregularly, stops treatment before the recommended period, the bacteria develop resistance to the active substance. As a result, this medicine will cease to act. Therefore, before buying this drug online, you need to consult a doctor. The specialist will examine you to identify the causes of disease, select the appropriate therapy, inform you about interactions, side effects contraindications. Self-medication can be dangerous.
If your health care provider determines the effectiveness of this antibiotic for you, you can buy Biaxin at our online pharmacy. We offer home delivery, low prices, and a wide range of goods.