What is it?
Lincocin has an antibacterial effect. The antibiotic produced by Streptomyces lincolniensis has a bacteriostatic effect. It inhibits protein synthesis of bacteria due to reversible binding to the 50S subunit of ribosomes. It also violates the formation of peptide bonds.
This antibiotic is active in relation to Gram-positive cocci:
- Staphylococcus spp;
- Streptococcus spp, incl. Streptococcus pneumoniae;
- Haemophilus influenza;
- Bacillus anthracis;
- Mycoplasma sp;
- Bacteroides spp;
- Corynebacterium diphtheriae;
- Clostridium perfringens;
- Clostridium tetani;
- Effective against Staphylococcus spp., Resistant to penicillin, tetracyclines, chloramphenicol, streptomycin, cephalosporins (30% of Staphylococcus spp, resistant to erythromycin, cross-resistant to lincomycin);
- Not effective for Enterococcus spp. (including Enterococcus faecalis), gram-negative microorganisms, fungi, viruses, protozoa; inferior in erythromycin activity to spore-forming anaerobes, Neisseria spp., Corynebacterium spp;
- The optimum action is in an alkaline medium (pH 8-8.5). The resistance to lincomycin develops slowly.
- In high doses, it has a bactericidal effect.
Infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by susceptible microorganisms (primarily staphylococci and streptococci, especially penicillin-resistant microorganisms, as well as allergies to penicillins):
- subacute septic endocarditis;
- chronic pneumonia;
- lung abscess;
- empyema pleura;
- osteomyelitis (acute and chronic);
- purulent arthritis;
- postoperative purulent complications;
- wound infection;
- skin and soft tissue infections: pyoderma, furunculosis, phlegmon, erysipelas.
Dosage and mode of application
It is prescribed for oral application. The pill is taken 1-2 hours before meals or 2-3 hours after a meal with plenty of water, 2-3 times a day with an interval of 8-12 hours.
- For adults and children over 12 years old, a daily dose is 1-1.5 g, a single dose is 0.5 g.
- For children from 3 years to 12 years (with a body weight of 20 kg to 40 kg), a daily dose is 30-60 mg/kg.
The duration of treatment, depending on the form and severity of the disease, is 7-14 days (with osteomyelitis – 3 weeks or more).
- Severe liver and/or kidney function;
- Hypersensitivity to lincomycin and clindamycin.
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, diarrhea, glossitis, stomatitis; transient increase in liver transaminases and plasma bilirubin; with prolonged use in high doses may develop pseudomembranous colitis.
- Blood system: reversible leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, exfoliative dermatitis, angioedema, anaphylactic shock.
- Effects due to chemotherapeutic action: candidiasis.Local reactions: phlebitis (with a / in the introduction).
- With rapid intravenous introduction: lowering blood pressure, dizziness, weakness, relaxation of skeletal muscles.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Use during pregnancy is possible in exceptional cases for health reasons. If necessary, use during breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Do not use Lincocin simultaneously with:
- narcotic analgesics, as respiratory failure is possible up to apnea;
- means of slowing down peristalsis of the gastrointestinal tract;
- inhalation anesthetics, muscle relaxants;
- cholestyramine, kaolin, and other drugs that have adsorption properties (they reduce the amount of absorption of lincomycin);
- neostigmine, ambenonium, as their effect is weakened;
- chloramphenicol, erythromycin (weaken the antibacterial action of lincomycin);
- clindamycin, doxorubicin, since there have been cases of cross-hypersensitivity.
In case of impaired liver and/or kidney function, a single dose of lincomycin should be reduced by 1 / 3-1 / 2 and the interval between injections should be increased. With prolonged use, systematic monitoring of the functions of the kidneys and liver is required. If pseudomembranous colitis develops, lincomycin should be canceled and vancomycin or bacitracin should be prescribed.
How to Buy Lincocin?
If you need to buy Lincocin for your diagnosis treatment you are welcome to buy it online. If you do not consult a doctor you should do it as only a physician is able to assess your condition and define a dosage required for the treatment.
Online antibiotics are a way to save money and efforts. Online stores are oriented on selling generic medications which are low-price. You just need to make an order and start the therapy.